Social Media Tips for REALTORS®
The world of social media can be a daunting place. It’s hard to know who to believe, or even what works from what you research on your own. The way is wrought with fast talkers and smoke blowers ready to promise you the moon and stars – and hopefully you’ve not had your taste for social media spoiled by them. If you’ve heard the hype and seen the success stories and are ready to start making use of social media we’ve got a few tips to help you get on the fast track.
First, let it be stated that social media is not the silver bullet for all your website ails. It is merely another tool to apply to your overall digital strategy. It is not guaranteed to boost sales, traffic, or leads; at it’s very core is merely another advertising medium.
Social media isn’t marketing. It’s prospecting. It’s putting yourself out there. It’s making yourself known, and available. Social media allows your potential customer to find you and interact in a conversational way rather than via a promotional one. So it’s important to: Be Interesting. Be Relevant. Be Rememberable!
Not sure what to say to get the conversation part of things going? Listen first! Keep an eye on what topics are trending in your industry, locally, or across the country. Listen to what your customers are interested in, then get to work. Otherwise, you are just shooting in the dark.
Be Persistent. Social media success is made up of the things you do every day. Every day. That means you need to be in there posting, working the system, nurturing followers on a daily basis to see the best results. Considering many systems have algorithms in place to limit your visibility to fans post frequently is often the best way to insure your posts get seen.
Don’t make it all about real estate. Yes, you are REALTORS® yes, it is part of your job to advertise listings – BUT – one of the biggest mistakes we see real estate professionals doing in social media is posting nothing but links to their listings. Sure, it’s fine to link to that Just Listed property, but look at it from a potential fan (who may not even currently be in the buyers market)…are they going to be interested in seeing 15 posts a day that just advertise your listings…or would they rather enjoy more diverse content that might include local event info, home fix-it tips, or other information…? EXACTLY. So, make your content about more than just hyping that next listing.
Use pictures. Social media is a very visual platform, because we as humans are very visual creatures. Text based information posts are great but be sure to mix it up with some good visual content as well. Now, that doesn’t mean just post pictures – unless you are on Pinterest – but be sure to include pictures now and again, with some good “hook” language to describe the image.
Social media isn’t about selling to the people you’re connected with, it’s about connecting with the people you’re selling to. Keep the relevancy of your content focused on the interests of your fan base to see the most success; be sure to keep at it!
- Some real estate #marketing companies just do flyers...at TourRE flyers are just one more FREE thing our websites... fb.me/1pE23aEch 1 day ago
- How do you feel when some stranger walks up and tries to sell you something?! It's the same way here on social... fb.me/3a8AcyqoH 2 days ago
- 5 Elephants in the Room the Real Estate Industry doesn't want to talk about. We say LET'S TALK! How can we work... fb.me/3oTUOTGd3 3 days ago
- Brokers don’t need Zulia to sell a home. Ten years ago, we all understood that advertising homes was something we... fb.me/2I3kxbE9x 3 days ago
- You can't automate excellence. Companies that provide auto-posting services love to tell you about their... fb.me/2DvsEMQlH 3 days ago
Blogs We Follow
- HollyHomeSales's Blog
- Adventures of an Idaho Foodie
- Exceptional Idaho Homes
- Idaho Real Estate & Boise Living
- BOISES PREMIER REAL ESTATE GROUP
- Boise Area Real Estate
- Boise Area Activities
- Evans Realty LLC Real Estate Blog
- Boise Homes Blog
- Yo Meridian
- AA REALTORS BOISE
- Idaho Homes Search
- Debbie Cleaver
- Le Bois Realty
- Hinsel's Blog
- Boise Homes Report
- Tour Real Estate Inc.